Threats re-emerge from Hezbollah on invading the Galilee

By Scott W. Winchell

SUA has been following the activities of Hezbollah in Lebanon and reporting our findings and analysis to our government as well as releasing much of it publicly to you. SUA Humint sources have provided a wealth of information concerning Hezbollah’s plans. Of course, what ever Hezbollah is doing is as a direct result of strings being pulled in Tehran, especially as Syria deteriorates.

For more than two years, we have been reporting tunneling efforts, military style plans, youth military training, munition stockpiles, deliveries of hazardous materials made by submarines, and the location of launch sites.

General Vallely broke the story on Pajamas TV last year regarding the Iranian flagged former Russian Typhoon class submarine, delivering barrels that appeared so dangerous, that Hezbollah agents were wearing hazmat suits and breathing apparatuses while heavily armed Hezbollah soldiers nervously guarded the area just south of Beirut Airport.

As time has unfolded, much of our early reporting has been proven correct, time after time, and now one of the more insidious Hezbollah plots is being released on Naharnet. SUA provided this plan to authorities, and now, its being aired openly for all to read.

Trigger points are multiplying, and the possibility that one mistake, one mis-step, or mis-read will trigger a conflagration unlike any ever seen in the Middle East. As Syria violence continues, as the reverberations of the Arab-Spring play out, as Islamists fill the power vacuum in places like Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, and elsewhere, as Turkey rattles its swords, and Iraq expels American Forces, that trigger pull may be mere moments away.

Nasrallah’s “big surprise” appears ready for launch. Don’t be surprised if the soldiers we see first are young children, lethally trained to emerge from tunnels as rockets and missiles fly over head. Unlike in 2006, Hezbollah has much more to launch, and this time they can reach any location, with much more lethality, and possibly tipped by war heads that contain materials received from that submarine or from Saddam Hussein’s former stockpiles spirited from Iraq before the invasion.

Back in February 2011, the very same rumblings were heard as both Nasrallah and Ehud Barak exchanged threats:

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah has declared his forces will invade Israel’s northern Galilee region if a new Middle East war erupts.

A day earlier, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak warned that his troops may have to invade Lebanon, for the fourth time in 30 years, to teach the Iranian-backed Hezbollah — read an expansionist Tehran — a lesson.

Watch him speak the words:

Report: Hizbullah Preparing Military Arsenal to Occupy Galilee

Naharnet

Hizbullah is preparing its military arsenal and fighters to launch an operation to occupy the Galilee area in Israel, al-Joumhouria newspaper reported on Thursday.

The party’s Secretary General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah’s on February 16 sent “military notification… declaring that preparations to occupy the Galilee is ongoing,” a source close to Hizbullah told the daily.

“Hizbullah began preparing after the 2006 war for any new confrontation with the enemy,” the source said.

Nasrallah called on the Resistance fighters in a speech on February 16 to stand ready to occupy the Galilee area should another war “be imposed on Lebanon,” in a response to Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak’s threats to invade Lebanon once again.

Al-Akhbar daily also reported that Nasrallah has warned that Tel Aviv will be the first target in any war Israel decides to launch against Lebanon.

Security sources told the daily that “the resistance leadership was secretly on high alert after receiving reports that Israel will probably launch a war on Lebanon.”

“Obtained information confirmed these reports, showing that it was supposed to take place in August, however, changes occurred at the last minute,” the source said.

Sources told al-Joumhouria that the “resistances’ military preparations are ongoing.”

According to information obtained by the daily, a delegation from Hizbullah military experts visited areas in Bekaa and the South to check on the resistances’ positions, while 727 fighters from Hizbullah finished their military training in Tehran.

“Israel will be surprised by attacks from within the Israeli towns via the Palestinian resistance cells,” sources told the daily.

They added that “the battles will be on the Israeli grounds; therefore targeting the Galilee is a definite option.”

The sources didn’t rule out Syria’s participation in the war “especially if the interior situation deteriorated further more.”

Iran’s Fars news Agency reported that Syrian President Bashar Assad has warned that he would “set fire” to the Middle East if foreign forces launched a military strike on his country and would ask for Hizbullah’s help to attack Israel.

The party, established nearly 30 years ago to confront Israel’s occupation of south Lebanon, fought a 34-day war with Israel in 2006.

Israel and Syria are technically at war, but their frontier had been calm since the war in 1973, when Israel repelled a Syrian assault to recapture the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.